Saturday 6 December 2014

Christmas tree ornaments

Today, Milena turns 22 months. In 2 months' time, she will turn 2 years old. Sometimes, I can't believe how fast time has passed by. It seems like I was pregnant not too long ago and now, she's already talking and jumping everywhere. This journey hasn't been easy for me. I felt like I have grown up so much in the past few years. Right now, she can almost repeat what I say: "ELLO…I N MI-MEI-MA..." She has learnt to clear up her mess when I tell her to. She can also identify items from her picture books when being asked.

Last week, I finished knitting my quick and easy sweater but it turned out to be very disappointing. The armholes were too big for me. I don't think my sister would wear it even if I were to give it to her. Ultimately, I had decided to remove the stitches and recycle the yarn for another pattern. I had to put a halt to this project, as my husband has gotten a small Christmas tree and I was responsible for the decorations. So for the past few days, I had been busy with making mini Christmas ornaments. Here's what I have made.

I got all the patterns from YouTube and other craft-blogs. My favourite ornament(s) would be the mini stocking…and the Christmas bells.



Below are the links to the patterns:

Christmas wreath ring
Owl
I have also made a snowflake and have applied glue to stiffen it.


Here, I am using my stiffened snowflake as a coaster for my candle jar:




I reckoned that I would not be able to finish making all the ornaments myself. Thus, I got the rest of the ornaments from the stores. Now presenting my first Christmas tree...

….
….
….
….
….
….
….
….





It may not be a beautifully decorated Christmas tree to others but it is good enough for my humble small apartment.

Cheers!

2 comments :

  1. It is a wonderful Xmas tree. With all these cute ornaments. Very sweet and what's more fulfilling than doing ur own Xmas deco tree!

    ReplyDelete